I will look into Kejriwal`s demand: Sushilkumar Shinde
New Delhi: In the wake of Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal`s threat to stage a sit-in in front of Home Ministry, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde today said he would look into his demands.
"I have asked my officers to examine their demands. Let us see. They are new in governance," he told reporters here after a meeting with Kejriwal.
The Delhi Chief Minister, accompanied by his cabinet colleagues Manish Sisodia, Somnath Bharti and Rakhi Birla, met the Home Minister and demanded suspension of the policemen who he said were allegedly negligent in the discharge of their duties as found by his ministers.
Kejriwal reportedly gave a deadline till Monday to the Home Minister saying if their demands are not met, the Delhi Ministers will stage dharna in front of the Home Ministry.
Bharti and Birla have accused three police officials of non-cooperation in two separate cases.
Bharti has charged that Malviya Nagar police did not cooperate with him in conducting a raid on Nigerian nationals whom he alleged were involved in a drugs and sex racket at Khirki village while Birla has accused Sagarpur police of shielding the members of a family who allegedly burnt their daughter-in-law over dowry demand.
"We have time till Monday. I gave them a patient hearing," Shinde said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month
- Outstanding! Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is unstoppable at the Box Office – Read more
- New Hyundai Elantra to be launched in India today