IAF has unprecedented response power with C-130J, Mi-17s: Browne
New Delhi: Outgoing Air chief NAK Browne today said that the acquisition of assets such as the C-130J Super Hercules transport aircraft and Mi-17 V5 helicopters had given "unprecedented response" capabilities to IAF.
"The streamlined induction and speedy operationalisation of our new assets like Mi-17 V5, C-130J, Pilatus PC-7 and C-17 aircraft have afforded us unprecedented response capabilities," he said in his last remarks as the Chairman of the Chiefs of Staff Committee and the IAF Chief.
IAF demonstrated its newly-acquired capabilities during two major exercises, Iron Fist and Live Wire, Browne said.
"Our progress so far has been hard-earned, hence it mandates us to relentlessly maintain the standards," he said.
Browne, who will be succeeded by Air Marshal Arup Raha tomorrow, said the IAF response during the Uttarakhand floods was very prompt and had helped save many lives.
Expressing his happiness over the achievements of his personnel, he said that the, "enormous trust and respect which our countrymen have for the men and women in blue places additional responsibilities on us. I am proud of your collective achievements and am confident that as important stakeholders in IAF`s growth story, you will continue to resolutely steer the course".
"The sense of ownership and pride which was so evident during all my interactions with you gives me a keen sense of reassurance in our future ahead.
"Continue the good work with pride, integrity and a sense of belonging and stay grounded in our core values," Browne said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!