IAF rally to create awareness about Air Force among youth
New Delhi: To create awareness about the IAF among youth, the Indian Air Force on Monday flagged off a rally of its young officers under a student interaction drive named `Guardians of the Sky`.
"The rally of selected IAF officers in customised Gypsies was flagged off by IAF in-charge of personnel Air Marshal P R Sharma. It would cover six cities - Gwalior, Indore, Nasik, Mumbai, Pune and Hyderabad, before being `flagged in` at Nagpur on October 5 covering 3,000 km," an IAF statement said.
These officers would meet young men and women at nine premier educational institutes in these cities, including the IITs at Mumbai, Hyderabad and Indore.
At each location, a multi-disciplinary group of IAF officers would be on hand to interact with students to provide details on career opportunities in the IAF and to answer queries.
The IAF said the drive would provide a great opportunity for students to experience glimpses of the adventurous life that IAF offers and of avenues available as an IAF officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie