IAS officers summoned over perjury charges
New Delhi: Three city government officials,
including two belonging to IAS, have been summoned by a Delhi
court to answer the charges of committing perjury in another
The two IAS officers, who were summoned by the court of
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav included a former
secretary in the Delhi Government`s Industry Ministry and
Deputy Commissioner Darshan Singh in the office of the
Commissioner of Industries.
While issuing summons to the city government`s former
secretary in the Industry ministry, the court did not identify
him, but expected the city authorities to serve the summons to
the relevant official, allegedly involved in committing
perjury, after identifying him.
The court also issued summons to a third unnamed
official, expecting the government to identify him.
CMM Yadav issued the summons to the three on a complaint
by Senior Civil Judge Ajay Goel accusing them of deposing
falsely in his court during adjudication of a property suit.
The summons were issued on the judge`s complaint charging
the three officials with lying under oath and misleading the
"I have perused the complaint. A close scrutiny of the
complaint reveals there is enough material on record to
proceed in the matter against all the three accused persons
for offenses punishable under sections 193, 109, 110, 111
(pertaining to perjury) read with 120-B (criminal conspiracy)
IPC," said CMM Yadav, while issuing the summons.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living