Icy breeze sweeps national capital, adds to chill
New Delhi: An icy breeze swept the capital
on Thursday bringing more chill to residents as the mercury stayed
below normal despite a marginal rise in temperature.
The minimum temperature was recorded at 5.3 degree
Celsius, two degrees below normal and up from yesterday`s 4.6
degrees. The maximum was recorded at 18.7, two degrees below
normal and up from yesterday`s 18.5 degrees.
Though there was marginal increase in night temperatures,
the wind chill factor added to the cold in the city.
A shallow fog was also witnessed in the morning.
The Weatherman has predicted similar weather conditions
for the next couple of days with temperature oscillating
between five and 20 degrees Celsius.
The city experienced the coldest day temperature last
Friday, when the maximum was recorded at 16.9 degrees Celsius.
Last month saw the minimum temperature come down to 2.9
degrees Celsius on Christmas morning, the lowest of the season
In the past 11 years, except for 2010, the month of
January has recorded the lowest minimum temperature at below
five degrees Celsius. The lowest in the past 11 years was on
January eight of 2006 when the mercury had dipped to 0.2 deg
The record lowest minimum for the month was recorded on
January 16, 1935 when mercury touched minus 0.6 degrees
Celsius while the record highest maximum was 32.5 degrees on
January 28, 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened