Icy winds add to winter chill in Delhi
New Delhi : An icy breeze blowing across the
capital today brought more chill to the capital though the
night temperatures witnessed a marginal increase.
The minimum temperature was recorded at 5.3 degree
Celsius, two degrees below normal and up from yesterday`s 4.6
degrees. The maximum was 18.5 degree Celsius yesterday.
Though there was marginal increase in night temperatures,
the wind chill factor added to the cold in the city.
A shallow fog was also witnessed in the morning.
The Weatherman has predicted similar weather conditions
for the next couple of days with temperature oscillating
between five and 20 degree Celsius.
The city experienced the coldest day temperature last
Friday, when the maximum was recorded at 16.9 degrees Celsius.
Last month saw the minimum temperature come down to 2.9
degrees Celsius on Christmas morning, the lowest of the season
In the past 11 years, except for 2010, the month of
January has recorded the lowest minimum temperature at below
five degrees Celsius. The lowest in the past 11 years was on
January eight of 2006 when the mercury had dipped to 0.2 deg
The record lowest minimum for the month was recorded on
January 16, 1935 when mercury touched minus 0.6 degrees
Celsius while the record highest maximum was 32.5 degrees on
January 28, 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital