IGNOU announces last date for admission
New Delhi: The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) Sunday announced Jan 8, 2013 as the last date to apply for late admissions to its various academic programmes.
University officials said the students would have to pay a late fee of Rs.200 along with the application form.
The IGNOU programmes offered only in the January session include Master of Science in Mathematics with Applications in Computer Science (MSCMACS), Post Graduate Diploma in Hospital and Health Management (PGDHHM) and PG Diploma in HIV Medicine (PGDHIVM), among others.
The varsity has invited applications for Masters of Computer Applications (MCA), Master of Arts in Rural Development, MA in Tourism Management, Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA), and Master of Business Administration in Banking and Finance, among others.
Established in 1985, IGNOU was set up to provide cost-effective education, especially to the poor.
The university educates over four million students in India and 36 other countries through 21 schools of studies and a network of 67 regional centres, around 3,000 learner support centres and 67 overseas centres.
The university offers about 490 certificate, diploma, degree and doctoral programmes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you