IIT Roorkee launches funding initiative for student
New Delhi: IIT Roorkee alumni has launched a funding initiative under which the alumni will directly fund student projects.
The initiative, known as Student Alumni Association of Roorkee, is an interactive technology-enabled transaction platform specially designed for students of IIT Roorkee.
"The platform, launched with the support from Prama Jyoti Foundation, a non-profit organisation, would enable the alumni of the prestigious institution to don the role of an "angel investor" and directly fund student projects," said a statement.
"It will be an important platform for current students to interface with IIT Roorkee’s alumni the world over and seek to create Gen Next of corporate and industry leaders," it said.
The alumni association aims to be on the Facebook as well as LinkedIn for all IIT-R community across the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach