IIT Roorkee launches funding initiative for student
New Delhi: IIT Roorkee alumni has launched a funding initiative under which the alumni will directly fund student projects.
The initiative, known as Student Alumni Association of Roorkee, is an interactive technology-enabled transaction platform specially designed for students of IIT Roorkee.
"The platform, launched with the support from Prama Jyoti Foundation, a non-profit organisation, would enable the alumni of the prestigious institution to don the role of an "angel investor" and directly fund student projects," said a statement.
"It will be an important platform for current students to interface with IIT Roorkee’s alumni the world over and seek to create Gen Next of corporate and industry leaders," it said.
The alumni association aims to be on the Facebook as well as LinkedIn for all IIT-R community across the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan