Illegal arms racket busted in NCR, four arrested
New Delhi: Four persons allegedly involved in smuggling of illegal firearms in NCR region were on Saturday arrested along with 20 pistols and as many magazines, police said.
"The accused identified as Allouddin (40), Mohd Rustam (28), Shakir (30) and Shehzaad (22) were involved in the supply of illegal firearms to the criminals of Delhi and West UP for several years," Deputy Commissioner of Police, Special Cell, Sanjeev Kumar Yadav said.
A tip-off was received that Allouddin and his associates of Munger and Meerut will be coming to a park near Service Road opposite Shanti Van, Ring Road along with a consignment of illegal firearms to be delivered to a receiver for onward supply to criminals in Delhi and NCR areas, police said.
On the basis of this input, a trap was laid in and around the park from where the four persons were apprehended while carrying illegal firearms in their possession, the police officer said.
"These people frequently visited Munger, Bihar to receive the supply of illegal pistols. They have been supplying illegal weapons which are used by criminals active in Delhi and NCR area for committing heinous crimes. They have developed a supply network of illegal pistols manufactured in Munger to Delhi and NCR area," Yadav said.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- First US Zika-related death in Puerto Rico
- Hope intellectuals from India, China take part in Mind and Life conference: Dalai Lama
- Despite carnage, Syria`s Aleppo not in fighting `freeze`
- AP Board SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Deal reached in Ireland to form minority government: Party