Illegal arms racket busted in NCR, four arrested
New Delhi: Four persons allegedly involved in smuggling of illegal firearms in NCR region were on Saturday arrested along with 20 pistols and as many magazines, police said.
"The accused identified as Allouddin (40), Mohd Rustam (28), Shakir (30) and Shehzaad (22) were involved in the supply of illegal firearms to the criminals of Delhi and West UP for several years," Deputy Commissioner of Police, Special Cell, Sanjeev Kumar Yadav said.
A tip-off was received that Allouddin and his associates of Munger and Meerut will be coming to a park near Service Road opposite Shanti Van, Ring Road along with a consignment of illegal firearms to be delivered to a receiver for onward supply to criminals in Delhi and NCR areas, police said.
On the basis of this input, a trap was laid in and around the park from where the four persons were apprehended while carrying illegal firearms in their possession, the police officer said.
"These people frequently visited Munger, Bihar to receive the supply of illegal pistols. They have been supplying illegal weapons which are used by criminals active in Delhi and NCR area for committing heinous crimes. They have developed a supply network of illegal pistols manufactured in Munger to Delhi and NCR area," Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step