Illegal constructions in Sainik Farms; MCD silent
New Delhi: The Delhi Police may have informed
the Municipal Corporation of 120 illegal constructions in the
posh Sainik farms area of South Delhi but for the civic body
there is no such activity going on in the area.
There civic body has told an RTI applicant that although
no constructions are allowed in Sainik Farms and even Delhi
High Court has issued orders in this regard, there are no
The curious case came before the Central Information
Commission which directed the Deputy Municipal Commissioner
(South) to inquire into the matter and submit his report
before December 31 in this regard.
"This clearly shows that though Delhi Police had informed
MCD about illegal construction on 120 properties, MCD
officials are not taking cognisance of these for obvious
reasons. The Commission is giving the list of the 120
properties reported by Delhi Police to MCD to the respondent,"
Information Commissioner Shailesh Gandhi said.
The case relates to an RTI application filed by one R H
Bansal of Rohini who sought to know from the MCD whether
construction of buildings is allowed in Sainik Farms and the
number of buildings constructed in the area.
The MCD in its reply said that no construction is allowed
in Sainik Farms area and also accepted that Delhi High Court
has also issued orders in this regard.
However, it said that no building is under construction
and no construction took place between June-December 2010.
During the hearing before the CIC, Bansal alleged that
MCD officials are "colluding" with illegal and unauthorised
construction. He also produced a list of 120 unauthorised
construction in the area which, provided by Delhi Police to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Watch video: This is just not the way this cat's humans expected it to behave on seeing a rat!
- There are 'no good or bad terrorists': Pranab Mukherjee tells Xi Jinping
- When Narendra Modi took oath of office as 15th PM of India on May 26, 2014 - Watch video
- 'Modi-mukt Bharat' after 2019 LoK Sabha polls: Congress leader CP Joshi
- US forces on ground in Syria aiding key anti-IS fight