Illegal constructions in Sainik Farms; MCD silent
New Delhi: The Delhi Police may have informed
the Municipal Corporation of 120 illegal constructions in the
posh Sainik farms area of South Delhi but for the civic body
there is no such activity going on in the area.
There civic body has told an RTI applicant that although
no constructions are allowed in Sainik Farms and even Delhi
High Court has issued orders in this regard, there are no
The curious case came before the Central Information
Commission which directed the Deputy Municipal Commissioner
(South) to inquire into the matter and submit his report
before December 31 in this regard.
"This clearly shows that though Delhi Police had informed
MCD about illegal construction on 120 properties, MCD
officials are not taking cognisance of these for obvious
reasons. The Commission is giving the list of the 120
properties reported by Delhi Police to MCD to the respondent,"
Information Commissioner Shailesh Gandhi said.
The case relates to an RTI application filed by one R H
Bansal of Rohini who sought to know from the MCD whether
construction of buildings is allowed in Sainik Farms and the
number of buildings constructed in the area.
The MCD in its reply said that no construction is allowed
in Sainik Farms area and also accepted that Delhi High Court
has also issued orders in this regard.
However, it said that no building is under construction
and no construction took place between June-December 2010.
During the hearing before the CIC, Bansal alleged that
MCD officials are "colluding" with illegal and unauthorised
construction. He also produced a list of 120 unauthorised
construction in the area which, provided by Delhi Police to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it