Illegal constructions in Sainik Farms; MCD silent
New Delhi: The Delhi Police may have informed
the Municipal Corporation of 120 illegal constructions in the
posh Sainik farms area of South Delhi but for the civic body
there is no such activity going on in the area.
There civic body has told an RTI applicant that although
no constructions are allowed in Sainik Farms and even Delhi
High Court has issued orders in this regard, there are no
The curious case came before the Central Information
Commission which directed the Deputy Municipal Commissioner
(South) to inquire into the matter and submit his report
before December 31 in this regard.
"This clearly shows that though Delhi Police had informed
MCD about illegal construction on 120 properties, MCD
officials are not taking cognisance of these for obvious
reasons. The Commission is giving the list of the 120
properties reported by Delhi Police to MCD to the respondent,"
Information Commissioner Shailesh Gandhi said.
The case relates to an RTI application filed by one R H
Bansal of Rohini who sought to know from the MCD whether
construction of buildings is allowed in Sainik Farms and the
number of buildings constructed in the area.
The MCD in its reply said that no construction is allowed
in Sainik Farms area and also accepted that Delhi High Court
has also issued orders in this regard.
However, it said that no building is under construction
and no construction took place between June-December 2010.
During the hearing before the CIC, Bansal alleged that
MCD officials are "colluding" with illegal and unauthorised
construction. He also produced a list of 120 unauthorised
construction in the area which, provided by Delhi Police to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP