Illegal funds:Ex-MP to challenge trial court order
New Delhi: Former Parliamentarian H S Hanspal, convicted and fined Rs five lakh by a Delhi court for illegally raising funds for a company, on Saturday said he will challenge the order in the Delhi High Court.
The lower court had convicted him, saying he is also liable for the acts committed by Oriental Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd as he was the Director of the company.
Hanspal in a statement has said that he had never acted as a Director of the company and had never raised funds for the same.
"I am going to contest the judgement of Additional Sessions Judge in the High Court to get justice and correct the facts ignored by the lower court," Hanspal said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference