Illegal funds:Ex-MP to challenge trial court order
New Delhi: Former Parliamentarian H S Hanspal, convicted and fined Rs five lakh by a Delhi court for illegally raising funds for a company, on Saturday said he will challenge the order in the Delhi High Court.
The lower court had convicted him, saying he is also liable for the acts committed by Oriental Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd as he was the Director of the company.
Hanspal in a statement has said that he had never acted as a Director of the company and had never raised funds for the same.
"I am going to contest the judgement of Additional Sessions Judge in the High Court to get justice and correct the facts ignored by the lower court," Hanspal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof