Illict arms racket busted, three held
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Thursday claimed to have busted a racket involved in illegal sale of arms and ammunition, with the arrest of three persons.
The accused have been identified as Rajeev Kesari (26), Jitendra Pal Singh (37) and Parveen Kumar (22) hailing from different parts of Delhi.
The police have recovered seven illicit pistols, 25 live cartridges and two magazines from them.
Acting on a tip-off, police apprehended the prime accused Rajeev near Ashok Vihar, in north-west Delhi.
On the basis of information given by Rajeev, the other two accused were also held.
Surveillance on his activities had revealed that Rajeev had recently brought a consignment of illegal weapons from Bihar to Delhi, after which the police zeroed in on him, the police said.
Rajeev Kesari was a small-time tout when he was arrested on the charges of attempt to murder. After being released from jail, he developed links with the gun mafia in Bihar and started supplying them at huge profits to criminals in North West Delhi and Outer Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof