Illict arms racket busted, three held
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Thursday claimed to have busted a racket involved in illegal sale of arms and ammunition, with the arrest of three persons.
The accused have been identified as Rajeev Kesari (26), Jitendra Pal Singh (37) and Parveen Kumar (22) hailing from different parts of Delhi.
The police have recovered seven illicit pistols, 25 live cartridges and two magazines from them.
Acting on a tip-off, police apprehended the prime accused Rajeev near Ashok Vihar, in north-west Delhi.
On the basis of information given by Rajeev, the other two accused were also held.
Surveillance on his activities had revealed that Rajeev had recently brought a consignment of illegal weapons from Bihar to Delhi, after which the police zeroed in on him, the police said.
Rajeev Kesari was a small-time tout when he was arrested on the charges of attempt to murder. After being released from jail, he developed links with the gun mafia in Bihar and started supplying them at huge profits to criminals in North West Delhi and Outer Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!