Illict arms racket busted, three held
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Thursday claimed to have busted a racket involved in illegal sale of arms and ammunition, with the arrest of three persons.
The accused have been identified as Rajeev Kesari (26), Jitendra Pal Singh (37) and Parveen Kumar (22) hailing from different parts of Delhi.
The police have recovered seven illicit pistols, 25 live cartridges and two magazines from them.
Acting on a tip-off, police apprehended the prime accused Rajeev near Ashok Vihar, in north-west Delhi.
On the basis of information given by Rajeev, the other two accused were also held.
Surveillance on his activities had revealed that Rajeev had recently brought a consignment of illegal weapons from Bihar to Delhi, after which the police zeroed in on him, the police said.
Rajeev Kesari was a small-time tout when he was arrested on the charges of attempt to murder. After being released from jail, he developed links with the gun mafia in Bihar and started supplying them at huge profits to criminals in North West Delhi and Outer Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery