Illict arms racket busted, three held
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Thursday claimed to have busted a racket involved in illegal sale of arms and ammunition, with the arrest of three persons.
The accused have been identified as Rajeev Kesari (26), Jitendra Pal Singh (37) and Parveen Kumar (22) hailing from different parts of Delhi.
The police have recovered seven illicit pistols, 25 live cartridges and two magazines from them.
Acting on a tip-off, police apprehended the prime accused Rajeev near Ashok Vihar, in north-west Delhi.
On the basis of information given by Rajeev, the other two accused were also held.
Surveillance on his activities had revealed that Rajeev had recently brought a consignment of illegal weapons from Bihar to Delhi, after which the police zeroed in on him, the police said.
Rajeev Kesari was a small-time tout when he was arrested on the charges of attempt to murder. After being released from jail, he developed links with the gun mafia in Bihar and started supplying them at huge profits to criminals in North West Delhi and Outer Delhi.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?