Illict arms racket busted, three held
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Thursday claimed to have busted a racket involved in illegal sale of arms and ammunition, with the arrest of three persons.
The accused have been identified as Rajeev Kesari (26), Jitendra Pal Singh (37) and Parveen Kumar (22) hailing from different parts of Delhi.
The police have recovered seven illicit pistols, 25 live cartridges and two magazines from them.
Acting on a tip-off, police apprehended the prime accused Rajeev near Ashok Vihar, in north-west Delhi.
On the basis of information given by Rajeev, the other two accused were also held.
Surveillance on his activities had revealed that Rajeev had recently brought a consignment of illegal weapons from Bihar to Delhi, after which the police zeroed in on him, the police said.
Rajeev Kesari was a small-time tout when he was arrested on the charges of attempt to murder. After being released from jail, he developed links with the gun mafia in Bihar and started supplying them at huge profits to criminals in North West Delhi and Outer Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?