IM operative being brought to Delhi
New Delhi: NIA is bringing here an alleged Indian Mujahideen (IM) operative claimed to be a close accomplice of the outfit`s founder Yasin Bhatkal who was arrested from Darbhanga last night in Bihar.
The agency has got transit remand of the alleged operative, identified as Mohammed Danish Ansari, son of Mohammed Zafeer Ansari and resident of Chakjora village (under Laheriasarai police station area) in Darbhanga, who was arrested by its sleuths last night.
Official sources said a non-bailable warrant had been issued against him by a special National Investigation Agency (NIA) court in Delhi last year.
They claimed that security agencies were trailing Ansari , who allegedly provided shelter to Bhatkal, who is supposed to be hiding in Pakistan.
Danish Ansari was also wanted by the Delhi Police in a terror-related case it is probing, sources claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'