IM operative being brought to Delhi
New Delhi: NIA is bringing here an alleged Indian Mujahideen (IM) operative claimed to be a close accomplice of the outfit`s founder Yasin Bhatkal who was arrested from Darbhanga last night in Bihar.
The agency has got transit remand of the alleged operative, identified as Mohammed Danish Ansari, son of Mohammed Zafeer Ansari and resident of Chakjora village (under Laheriasarai police station area) in Darbhanga, who was arrested by its sleuths last night.
Official sources said a non-bailable warrant had been issued against him by a special National Investigation Agency (NIA) court in Delhi last year.
They claimed that security agencies were trailing Ansari , who allegedly provided shelter to Bhatkal, who is supposed to be hiding in Pakistan.
Danish Ansari was also wanted by the Delhi Police in a terror-related case it is probing, sources claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed