IM operative being brought to Delhi
New Delhi: NIA is bringing here an alleged Indian Mujahideen (IM) operative claimed to be a close accomplice of the outfit`s founder Yasin Bhatkal who was arrested from Darbhanga last night in Bihar.
The agency has got transit remand of the alleged operative, identified as Mohammed Danish Ansari, son of Mohammed Zafeer Ansari and resident of Chakjora village (under Laheriasarai police station area) in Darbhanga, who was arrested by its sleuths last night.
Official sources said a non-bailable warrant had been issued against him by a special National Investigation Agency (NIA) court in Delhi last year.
They claimed that security agencies were trailing Ansari , who allegedly provided shelter to Bhatkal, who is supposed to be hiding in Pakistan.
Danish Ansari was also wanted by the Delhi Police in a terror-related case it is probing, sources claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...