IM planning to abduct Arvind Kejriwal for Bhatkal`s release: Sources
New Delhi: Terror outfit Indian Mujahideen is planning to abduct Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal for release of its key member Yaseen Bhatkal who was arrested from Indo-Nepal border on August 27 last year, police sources claimed on Sunday.
A team from the security wing of Delhi Police has briefed Kejriwal about this threat and requested him to take `Z` category security cover, the top sources said.
However, it was not immediately clear what was the response of the Delhi Chief Minister in this regard. Senior Police officials said that they have received an input in this regard from intelligence agencies.
Kejriwal has been declining to take security cover keeping up with his Aam Aadmi Party`s policy to end VIP culture in politics.
A special NIA court on Friday allowed the plea by Karnataka Police to interrogate Bhatkal, 30 in connection with the blasts at the Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bangalore in April, 2010.
Bhatkal, who hails from Bhatkal village in Udupi district of north Karnataka, was allegedly involved in a string of terror attacks in Ahmedabad, Surat, Bangalore, Pune, Delhi and Hyderabad, the NIA had said.
He was earlier associated with the banned Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI) and is alleged to have hatched a conspiracy with others to wage a war against India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report