In Delhi, 18,000 drivers booked for drunk driving
New Delhi: The capital has witnessed a record number of prosecutions for drunk driving in the first nine months of this year itself.
According to statistics, traffic police challaned a total of 18,524 people till September 30 which is much above last year`s total of 18,073. Last year during the same period, the city witnessed a total of 13,331 prosecutions for drunk driving.
The statistics also showed that a total of 5,304 people were sent to jail and 916 driving licenses suspended for drunk driving till September 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India