In Delhi, 18,000 drivers booked for drunk driving
New Delhi: The capital has witnessed a record number of prosecutions for drunk driving in the first nine months of this year itself.
According to statistics, traffic police challaned a total of 18,524 people till September 30 which is much above last year`s total of 18,073. Last year during the same period, the city witnessed a total of 13,331 prosecutions for drunk driving.
The statistics also showed that a total of 5,304 people were sent to jail and 916 driving licenses suspended for drunk driving till September 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony