In Delhi, 18,000 drivers booked for drunk driving
New Delhi: The capital has witnessed a record number of prosecutions for drunk driving in the first nine months of this year itself.
According to statistics, traffic police challaned a total of 18,524 people till September 30 which is much above last year`s total of 18,073. Last year during the same period, the city witnessed a total of 13,331 prosecutions for drunk driving.
The statistics also showed that a total of 5,304 people were sent to jail and 916 driving licenses suspended for drunk driving till September 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi