In Delhi, 18,000 drivers booked for drunk driving
New Delhi: The capital has witnessed a record number of prosecutions for drunk driving in the first nine months of this year itself.
According to statistics, traffic police challaned a total of 18,524 people till September 30 which is much above last year`s total of 18,073. Last year during the same period, the city witnessed a total of 13,331 prosecutions for drunk driving.
The statistics also showed that a total of 5,304 people were sent to jail and 916 driving licenses suspended for drunk driving till September 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city