In Delhi, 18,000 drivers booked for drunk driving
New Delhi: The capital has witnessed a record number of prosecutions for drunk driving in the first nine months of this year itself.
According to statistics, traffic police challaned a total of 18,524 people till September 30 which is much above last year`s total of 18,073. Last year during the same period, the city witnessed a total of 13,331 prosecutions for drunk driving.
The statistics also showed that a total of 5,304 people were sent to jail and 916 driving licenses suspended for drunk driving till September 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics