In Delhi court, `rape victim` gives man clean chit
New Delhi: A Delhi court has acquitted a man of rape charges after observing that the victim had admitted that they had a consensual physical relationship.
Additional Sessions Judge Virender Bhat held Kamaljeet Singh innocent of the accusation made in a police complaint but which the young woman withdrew in her statement to a magistrate.
The court order came Saturday after it went through the statement of the victim made to the magistrate where she gave a clean chit to accused, a teacher.
"According to the said statement, the physical intercourse between her and the accused was a consensual one," the court said.
The victim said she knew the accused for two years and was in love with him.
She told the magistrate that her allegation made in the First Information Report against the accused was because she feared her own mother.
The prosecution alleged that Singh raped the victim July 7, 2012. The victim`s U-turn before the magistrate came 16 days later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter