Include Aadhaar in degrees, birth certificates: Sheila Dikshit
New Delhi: Setting an April deadline for implementation of all nine central schemes through direct cash transfer, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit urged the Union Government to include Aadhaar numbers on degree and birth certificates.
The Delhi government launched four centrally-sponsored schemes through Aadhaar Enabled Direct Cash Transfer scheme in two of its districts Jan 1, when the scheme took off in 20 districts of the country.
The Chief Minister announced here that Delhi would achieve 95 percent Aadhaar enrolment by Feb 2013.
Dikshit also stated that each Aadhaar number is unique to an individual, and would remain valid for life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city