Include Aadhaar in degrees, birth certificates: Sheila Dikshit
New Delhi: Setting an April deadline for implementation of all nine central schemes through direct cash transfer, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit urged the Union Government to include Aadhaar numbers on degree and birth certificates.
The Delhi government launched four centrally-sponsored schemes through Aadhaar Enabled Direct Cash Transfer scheme in two of its districts Jan 1, when the scheme took off in 20 districts of the country.
The Chief Minister announced here that Delhi would achieve 95 percent Aadhaar enrolment by Feb 2013.
Dikshit also stated that each Aadhaar number is unique to an individual, and would remain valid for life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch