Incorrect map of India in DCP`s office
New Delhi: An incorrect map of India was engraved by the CPWD in the new office of the Deputy Commissioner of Police in East Delhi District, but was removed immediately after the error was pointed out.
Minister of State for Home Mullapally Ramachandran told Lok Sabha on Tuesday said since it is a non-cognisable offence, the Delhi Government has been requested by Delhi Police to convey approval to file a case under the appropriate sections of law.
"It came to notice that an incorrect map of India had been engraved by the CPWD in a decorative panel in the new office of DCP/East, which was recently built and furnished by the CPWD.
"As soon as it was noticed, Delhi Police informed CPWD officials and the entire display panel was removed immediately," he said.
He was responding to a written question whether attention of the Ministry has been drawn to a map displayed in DCP office in east Delhi wherein parts of Jammu and Kashmir is missing and even the national emblem is not printed completely.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch