Incorrect map of India in DCP`s office
New Delhi: An incorrect map of India was engraved by the CPWD in the new office of the Deputy Commissioner of Police in East Delhi District, but was removed immediately after the error was pointed out.
Minister of State for Home Mullapally Ramachandran told Lok Sabha on Tuesday said since it is a non-cognisable offence, the Delhi Government has been requested by Delhi Police to convey approval to file a case under the appropriate sections of law.
"It came to notice that an incorrect map of India had been engraved by the CPWD in a decorative panel in the new office of DCP/East, which was recently built and furnished by the CPWD.
"As soon as it was noticed, Delhi Police informed CPWD officials and the entire display panel was removed immediately," he said.
He was responding to a written question whether attention of the Ministry has been drawn to a map displayed in DCP office in east Delhi wherein parts of Jammu and Kashmir is missing and even the national emblem is not printed completely.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack