Incorrect map of India in DCP`s office
New Delhi: An incorrect map of India was engraved by the CPWD in the new office of the Deputy Commissioner of Police in East Delhi District, but was removed immediately after the error was pointed out.
Minister of State for Home Mullapally Ramachandran told Lok Sabha on Tuesday said since it is a non-cognisable offence, the Delhi Government has been requested by Delhi Police to convey approval to file a case under the appropriate sections of law.
"It came to notice that an incorrect map of India had been engraved by the CPWD in a decorative panel in the new office of DCP/East, which was recently built and furnished by the CPWD.
"As soon as it was noticed, Delhi Police informed CPWD officials and the entire display panel was removed immediately," he said.
He was responding to a written question whether attention of the Ministry has been drawn to a map displayed in DCP office in east Delhi wherein parts of Jammu and Kashmir is missing and even the national emblem is not printed completely.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference