Independent MP declines pay hike in protest on OROP issue
New Delhi: Independent Rajya Sabha Member
Rajeev Chandrasekhar has declined the pay hike in protest
against "continued injustice" to armed forces veterans who are
demanding one-rank one-pension system.
In a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, he said
that he would decline the pay increase for himself
individually till the Government re-examines the case of the
Noting that he had sought the Prime Minister`s
intervention to resolve the issue, Chandrasekhar said the
matter remains unresolved even as MPs demanded and received a
generous salary hike.
He said that he was declining the pay hike because he
felt "public service and duty to nation as exemplified by the
armed forces veterans are secondary to political expediency
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!