India Gate cleared after a day of cops-protesters pitched battle
New Delhi: India Gate, the scene of pitched battles between protesters and police, was cleared on Sunday evening and police allowed traffic around the war memorial late in the night.
The areas around the war memorial saw voilent protests by people demanding justice for gang-rape victim during the day was cleared by police at around 5:30 PM.
However, police allowed traffic only later.
Late in the night, a small group of protesters were seen at India Gate discussing how to go about having a peaceful protest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire