India Gate cleared after a day of cops-protesters pitched battle
New Delhi: India Gate, the scene of pitched battles between protesters and police, was cleared on Sunday evening and police allowed traffic around the war memorial late in the night.
The areas around the war memorial saw voilent protests by people demanding justice for gang-rape victim during the day was cleared by police at around 5:30 PM.
However, police allowed traffic only later.
Late in the night, a small group of protesters were seen at India Gate discussing how to go about having a peaceful protest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister