India Gate cleared after a day of cops-protesters pitched battle
New Delhi: India Gate, the scene of pitched battles between protesters and police, was cleared on Sunday evening and police allowed traffic around the war memorial late in the night.
The areas around the war memorial saw voilent protests by people demanding justice for gang-rape victim during the day was cleared by police at around 5:30 PM.
However, police allowed traffic only later.
Late in the night, a small group of protesters were seen at India Gate discussing how to go about having a peaceful protest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city