India-Mexico friendship arch inaugurated
New Delhi: The Replica of Labna’s Arch, a symbol of friendship between India and Mexico, was inaugurated on Monday by the Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit at the Garden of Five Senses.
Labna Arch is one of the largest and most ornate architectural structures built by the Mayans.
The inauguration of the Arch came on Mexico`s National Day today.
"This initiative will bring both the countries together in terms of heritage, culture and political tie-ups," she said adding the "Arch of Labna is the sixth sense added to this Garden of Five Senses.
She said the Arch would be lit up in the evening.
The project was conceived almost a decade ago by Julio Faesler, former Ambassador of Mexico to India.
Dikshit also flagged off a cycle track which has been developed on a pavement comprising unmetalled road, paved road and rocky terrains for the visitors. The total length of the cycle track is 1 km.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Stunning model 'Miss BumBum' uses Instagram to persuade Lionel Messi to reconsider retirement – WATCH pics
- Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon in Brussels for EU talks
- Know the final recommendations of 7th Pay Commission in a nutshell
- Malala Yousafzai becomes millionaire with book sales, lectures
- Dennis Quaid's wife files divorce again