India-Mexico friendship arch inaugurated
New Delhi: The Replica of Labna’s Arch, a symbol of friendship between India and Mexico, was inaugurated on Monday by the Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit at the Garden of Five Senses.
Labna Arch is one of the largest and most ornate architectural structures built by the Mayans.
The inauguration of the Arch came on Mexico`s National Day today.
"This initiative will bring both the countries together in terms of heritage, culture and political tie-ups," she said adding the "Arch of Labna is the sixth sense added to this Garden of Five Senses.
She said the Arch would be lit up in the evening.
The project was conceived almost a decade ago by Julio Faesler, former Ambassador of Mexico to India.
Dikshit also flagged off a cycle track which has been developed on a pavement comprising unmetalled road, paved road and rocky terrains for the visitors. The total length of the cycle track is 1 km.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur