India, US to jointly target financial networks of LeT, JuD
Washington: India and the US on Sunday agreed to work together to target the financial network and fund raising activities of terror outfits like Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD), the Haqqani network and individual terrorists associated with these organisations.
The decision by the two countries, in this regard, was taken during a meeting between Finance Minister P Chidambaram and US Treasury Secretary Jack Lew.
The two leaders jointly chaired the fourth annual meeting of India-US Economic and Financial Partnership held at the IMF headquarters here.
Chidambaram and Lew also agreed on commitment to deepening dialogue on implementation of international anti-money laundering, combating the financing of terrorism and expanding cooperation on countering illicit financing.
This will include targeting the financial networks and fundraising activities of terror organisations such as Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), Jamaat-ud Dawa (JuD), the Haqqani Network and individual terrorists associated with these organisations, India said in a statement after the meeting.
These commitments were also reflected in a joint statement issued after Chidambaram`s meeting with Lew.
"They also agreed to enhance cooperation between our agencies in fighting against counterfeiting currency and illicit financial flows," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez