`Indian Mujahideen` email, credit card scams probed by Gurgaon cyber cell
Gurgaon: An email threat purportedly by Indian Mujahideen to blow up a five-star hotel and ransom demand from an industrialist were some of the cases investigated by the Cyber Cell of Gurgaon Police this year.
Gurgaon police said it registered 41 FIRs out of 759 complaints received by the cyber cell this year under various sections of the IPC and Information Technology Act, 2000.
Some important cyber crime cases investigated by the department were job scam in the name of `IFFCO`, misuse of a US national`s credit card, email threat to blow up a five-star hotel sent to the hotel`s General Manager by Indian Mujahideen and ransom demand from industrialist through email.
24 cases were registered under section 66D (cheating by personation by using computer resource), six cases pertaining to email ID hacking and four cases under section 67/67A (publishing or transmitting obscene material in electronic form) in different police stations of Gurgaon.
Gurgaon police also organised seminars to educate students about cyber crime, besides arranging a two-month `Summer Internship Program on Cyber Crime` for engineering and management students.
22 interns belonging to IIIT Allahabad, Kurukshetra University, M D University, Rohtak, Vellore University, BITS Pilani and IIT Delhi attended the programme.
Data Security Council of India (DSCI) presented the `India Cyber Cop of the Year 2013` award to Inspector Suresh Kumar, In-charge Cyber Crime Cell, Gurgaon for his skills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price