Indisposed Sushma may skip BJP National Executive, Council meet
New Delhi: Leader of the Opposition Sushma Swaraj may not be able to attend the three-day BJP National Executive and National Council meeting beginning Wednesday as she is indisposed and recuperating in the AIIMS here.
Sources close to Swaraj said she was admitted to AIIMS on September 16 as she was suffering from viral fever and some other complications. A diabetic, Swaraj has undergone several tests as per the advice of the doctors attending on her.
Doctors have kept 60-year-old Swaraj under observation for the last nine days and may discharge her in a couple of days, sources said.
However, it is not clear if Swaraj will be in a position to attend the national conclave.
The BJP National Executive will be held tomorrow at Surajkund in Haryana. Party President Nitin Gadkari will deliver the inaugural address which will be followed by moving and passing of resolutions.
The National Council meeting this time is crucial as it will ratify the amendment to the party constitution- already approved by the National Executive- allowing a second term to the party president. This will pave the way for Gadkari to assume the mantle of President a second time.
The issue of alleged corruption in UPA government and how to take it to the people will figure prominently in the three- day conclave. Swaraj has been in the forefront of her party`s fight against UPA on this issue and her absence may be felt by BJP leaders, especially those belonging to her camp.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM