Indisposed Sushma may skip BJP National Executive, Council meet
New Delhi: Leader of the Opposition Sushma Swaraj may not be able to attend the three-day BJP National Executive and National Council meeting beginning Wednesday as she is indisposed and recuperating in the AIIMS here.
Sources close to Swaraj said she was admitted to AIIMS on September 16 as she was suffering from viral fever and some other complications. A diabetic, Swaraj has undergone several tests as per the advice of the doctors attending on her.
Doctors have kept 60-year-old Swaraj under observation for the last nine days and may discharge her in a couple of days, sources said.
However, it is not clear if Swaraj will be in a position to attend the national conclave.
The BJP National Executive will be held tomorrow at Surajkund in Haryana. Party President Nitin Gadkari will deliver the inaugural address which will be followed by moving and passing of resolutions.
The National Council meeting this time is crucial as it will ratify the amendment to the party constitution- already approved by the National Executive- allowing a second term to the party president. This will pave the way for Gadkari to assume the mantle of President a second time.
The issue of alleged corruption in UPA government and how to take it to the people will figure prominently in the three- day conclave. Swaraj has been in the forefront of her party`s fight against UPA on this issue and her absence may be felt by BJP leaders, especially those belonging to her camp.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees