New Delhi: A one-year-old boy, whose family was visiting relatives here, was electrocuted on Thursday morning when he came in contact with live wire, police said on Friday.
The victim was identified as Anshul, a native of Uttar Pradesh's Mahoba, here with his parents to meet his paternal uncle works at a community centre in east Delhi's Patparganj area, said a police official.
Around 11.30 am on Thursday, Anshul's parents were away and his uncle had taken him to his workplace. While he was working on the terrace, the child came in contact with the wire and was electrocuted, said the official.
Anshul was taken to a nearby hospital, where doctors declared him dead. His body was then sent for postmortem and later handed over to the family, said the official.
A case of negligence causing death has been registered, the official added.