Infant girl found abandoned in garbage bin
New Delhi: An infant girl was found dumped in a garbage bin in Jaitpur area of southeast Delhi this morning, police said.
"An abandoned bag was found lying in a dustbin near H Block of Madanpur Khadar area by some locals. They informed us suspecting that the bag may be containing some explosives," a police officer said.
A team of police, along with the bomb squad personnel, reached the spot and were examining the area when they heard cry of a baby from inside the garbage bin.
"On hearing the baby`s cry, we opened the bag and found her wrapped with a few clothes. The bag must have been dumped in the wee hours today," the officer said.
No explosive was, however, found from the area, he added.
The infant was rushed to the AIIMS, where doctors stated her condition to be stable. Police are looking for the parents of the baby.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city