Infant girl found abandoned in garbage bin
New Delhi: An infant girl was found dumped in a garbage bin in Jaitpur area of southeast Delhi this morning, police said.
"An abandoned bag was found lying in a dustbin near H Block of Madanpur Khadar area by some locals. They informed us suspecting that the bag may be containing some explosives," a police officer said.
A team of police, along with the bomb squad personnel, reached the spot and were examining the area when they heard cry of a baby from inside the garbage bin.
"On hearing the baby`s cry, we opened the bag and found her wrapped with a few clothes. The bag must have been dumped in the wee hours today," the officer said.
No explosive was, however, found from the area, he added.
The infant was rushed to the AIIMS, where doctors stated her condition to be stable. Police are looking for the parents of the baby.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir?
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part II
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part III
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- Low-cost cancer treatment should be priority: NITI Aayog CEO
- SC orders medical board in abnormal foetus case
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies