Infant girl found abandoned in garbage bin
New Delhi: An infant girl was found dumped in a garbage bin in Jaitpur area of southeast Delhi this morning, police said.
"An abandoned bag was found lying in a dustbin near H Block of Madanpur Khadar area by some locals. They informed us suspecting that the bag may be containing some explosives," a police officer said.
A team of police, along with the bomb squad personnel, reached the spot and were examining the area when they heard cry of a baby from inside the garbage bin.
"On hearing the baby`s cry, we opened the bag and found her wrapped with a few clothes. The bag must have been dumped in the wee hours today," the officer said.
No explosive was, however, found from the area, he added.
The infant was rushed to the AIIMS, where doctors stated her condition to be stable. Police are looking for the parents of the baby.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice