Infant girl found abandoned in garbage bin
New Delhi: An infant girl was found dumped in a garbage bin in Jaitpur area of southeast Delhi this morning, police said.
"An abandoned bag was found lying in a dustbin near H Block of Madanpur Khadar area by some locals. They informed us suspecting that the bag may be containing some explosives," a police officer said.
A team of police, along with the bomb squad personnel, reached the spot and were examining the area when they heard cry of a baby from inside the garbage bin.
"On hearing the baby`s cry, we opened the bag and found her wrapped with a few clothes. The bag must have been dumped in the wee hours today," the officer said.
No explosive was, however, found from the area, he added.
The infant was rushed to the AIIMS, where doctors stated her condition to be stable. Police are looking for the parents of the baby.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq