Inflated bills: Two officials appointed to assist DERC
New Delhi: A day after Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit`s stern warning to power distribution company BSES,
the Reliance Energy group firm on Monday deputed two officials to
assist city`s electricity regulator DERC to examine cases
relating to inflated bills.
The Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission (DERC) has
constituted a special cell to review cases of inflated bills
issued by BSES to its consumers.
The two officials will report to the DERC from tomorrow,
a BSES spokesman said.
Dissatisfied over rising cases of inflated bills issued
by BSES, Dikshit on Sunday had told the company to perform up
to the expectations of the consumers or face punitive
Asking DERC to probe the cases of inflated bills and
complaints of inefficient services by the BSES, Dikshit had
asked the DERC to evolve a mechanism so that interests of the
consumers are safeguarded.
The BSES spokesman said, the company will extend full
cooperation to the DERC.
"The BSES is committed to ensure stable and error free
services for its customers. As always, BSES will provide all
necessary cooperation and assistance to remove any doubts and
misgivings that some consumers may have with regard to their
billing," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof