Inflated bills: Two officials appointed to assist DERC
New Delhi: A day after Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit`s stern warning to power distribution company BSES,
the Reliance Energy group firm on Monday deputed two officials to
assist city`s electricity regulator DERC to examine cases
relating to inflated bills.
The Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission (DERC) has
constituted a special cell to review cases of inflated bills
issued by BSES to its consumers.
The two officials will report to the DERC from tomorrow,
a BSES spokesman said.
Dissatisfied over rising cases of inflated bills issued
by BSES, Dikshit on Sunday had told the company to perform up
to the expectations of the consumers or face punitive
Asking DERC to probe the cases of inflated bills and
complaints of inefficient services by the BSES, Dikshit had
asked the DERC to evolve a mechanism so that interests of the
consumers are safeguarded.
The BSES spokesman said, the company will extend full
cooperation to the DERC.
"The BSES is committed to ensure stable and error free
services for its customers. As always, BSES will provide all
necessary cooperation and assistance to remove any doubts and
misgivings that some consumers may have with regard to their
billing," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III