Information on gang-rape can be sent to Mehra panel
New Delhi: The Justice Usha Mehra panel, constituted to review responses to the December 16 gangrape case and suggest measures to improve safety and security of women in Delhi, will receive public opinion and suggestions till January 18.
A Home Ministry statement today said any information, suggestions and responses could be sent to the Justice (retd) Usha Mehra Commission of Inquiry through email at usha.Mehracommission@nic.In or through Fax at 011-23093750 till January 18.
Earlier, the last date for receiving such suggestions was January 10.
The probe panel has requested the members of public to provide any information about the shocking incident gangrape of a young woman here.
Members of the public including jurists, legal professionals, NGOs, media persons/journalists and women`s groups have been requested to suggest measures to improve the safety and security of women particularly in Delhi and National Capital Region, the statement said.
The 23-year-old victim, who was gangraped and brutally assaulted in a moving bus here, died in Singapore hospital on December 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA