Information on gang-rape can be sent to Mehra panel
New Delhi: The Justice Usha Mehra panel, constituted to review responses to the December 16 gangrape case and suggest measures to improve safety and security of women in Delhi, will receive public opinion and suggestions till January 18.
A Home Ministry statement today said any information, suggestions and responses could be sent to the Justice (retd) Usha Mehra Commission of Inquiry through email at usha.Mehracommission@nic.In or through Fax at 011-23093750 till January 18.
Earlier, the last date for receiving such suggestions was January 10.
The probe panel has requested the members of public to provide any information about the shocking incident gangrape of a young woman here.
Members of the public including jurists, legal professionals, NGOs, media persons/journalists and women`s groups have been requested to suggest measures to improve the safety and security of women particularly in Delhi and National Capital Region, the statement said.
The 23-year-old victim, who was gangraped and brutally assaulted in a moving bus here, died in Singapore hospital on December 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say