Information on gang-rape can be sent to Mehra panel
New Delhi: The Justice Usha Mehra panel, constituted to review responses to the December 16 gangrape case and suggest measures to improve safety and security of women in Delhi, will receive public opinion and suggestions till January 18.
A Home Ministry statement today said any information, suggestions and responses could be sent to the Justice (retd) Usha Mehra Commission of Inquiry through email at usha.Mehracommission@nic.In or through Fax at 011-23093750 till January 18.
Earlier, the last date for receiving such suggestions was January 10.
The probe panel has requested the members of public to provide any information about the shocking incident gangrape of a young woman here.
Members of the public including jurists, legal professionals, NGOs, media persons/journalists and women`s groups have been requested to suggest measures to improve the safety and security of women particularly in Delhi and National Capital Region, the statement said.
The 23-year-old victim, who was gangraped and brutally assaulted in a moving bus here, died in Singapore hospital on December 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof