Information on gang-rape can be sent to Mehra panel
New Delhi: The Justice Usha Mehra panel, constituted to review responses to the December 16 gangrape case and suggest measures to improve safety and security of women in Delhi, will receive public opinion and suggestions till January 18.
A Home Ministry statement today said any information, suggestions and responses could be sent to the Justice (retd) Usha Mehra Commission of Inquiry through email at usha.Mehracommission@nic.In or through Fax at 011-23093750 till January 18.
Earlier, the last date for receiving such suggestions was January 10.
The probe panel has requested the members of public to provide any information about the shocking incident gangrape of a young woman here.
Members of the public including jurists, legal professionals, NGOs, media persons/journalists and women`s groups have been requested to suggest measures to improve the safety and security of women particularly in Delhi and National Capital Region, the statement said.
The 23-year-old victim, who was gangraped and brutally assaulted in a moving bus here, died in Singapore hospital on December 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state