Information on gang-rape can be sent to Mehra panel
New Delhi: The Justice Usha Mehra panel, constituted to review responses to the December 16 gangrape case and suggest measures to improve safety and security of women in Delhi, will receive public opinion and suggestions till January 18.
A Home Ministry statement today said any information, suggestions and responses could be sent to the Justice (retd) Usha Mehra Commission of Inquiry through email at usha.Mehracommission@nic.In or through Fax at 011-23093750 till January 18.
Earlier, the last date for receiving such suggestions was January 10.
The probe panel has requested the members of public to provide any information about the shocking incident gangrape of a young woman here.
Members of the public including jurists, legal professionals, NGOs, media persons/journalists and women`s groups have been requested to suggest measures to improve the safety and security of women particularly in Delhi and National Capital Region, the statement said.
The 23-year-old victim, who was gangraped and brutally assaulted in a moving bus here, died in Singapore hospital on December 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America