International drug syndicate smashed
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Wednesday claimed to have smashed an international drug syndicate with the arrest of six persons, including two Nigerians and a woman, and recovered 3.5 kg of heroin and 6.2 kg of hashish worth Rs 80 lakh.
The arrested have been identified as Anil Pratap Singh Chauhan (50), Arun Kumar (46), Raju Diwakar (42), P Mary Zelem (49), the woman, and two Nigerians Alex Emechebe (38) and Alloy Frank Micheal (31).
The first to be arrested were Chauhan, a graduate, and Kumar from Delhi Cantt area on October 12.
It came to light during interrogation that they were part of an international drug syndicate operating in Uttar Pradesh, Haryana and Delhi, and Chauhan was gang leader, police said.
Mary Zelem was then arrested from her residence in Gurgaon and later others were also apprehended.
Chauhan has been allegedly in drug supply for the last 20 years. He is also in politics and was district president of a regional party for five years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bodos, ex-militants hail Modi govt for giving ST status to Bodo-Kacharis in Assam's hill districts
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised
- CHSE Odisha +2 Result (CHSE result 2016) Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared shortly. Check chseodisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic.in