International drug syndicate smashed
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Wednesday claimed to have smashed an international drug syndicate with the arrest of six persons, including two Nigerians and a woman, and recovered 3.5 kg of heroin and 6.2 kg of hashish worth Rs 80 lakh.
The arrested have been identified as Anil Pratap Singh Chauhan (50), Arun Kumar (46), Raju Diwakar (42), P Mary Zelem (49), the woman, and two Nigerians Alex Emechebe (38) and Alloy Frank Micheal (31).
The first to be arrested were Chauhan, a graduate, and Kumar from Delhi Cantt area on October 12.
It came to light during interrogation that they were part of an international drug syndicate operating in Uttar Pradesh, Haryana and Delhi, and Chauhan was gang leader, police said.
Mary Zelem was then arrested from her residence in Gurgaon and later others were also apprehended.
Chauhan has been allegedly in drug supply for the last 20 years. He is also in politics and was district president of a regional party for five years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video