Interpretation centre inaugurated at Jantar Mantar
Jaipur: An interpretation centre was inaugurated today at Jantar Mantar observatory here to enable visitors get a clear idea of various astronomical instruments at the UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Tourism Minister Bina Kak inaugurated the centre developed by the Amber Development & Management Authority at an approximate cost of Rs 14 lakh.
"This will prove to be a boon for tourists who, in the eight-minute audio-visual, will get a fairly good idea of the instruments. All the instruments at the observatory will be clearly understood by the visitor through the audio-visual? she said.
At a time, around 20 visitors can see the audio-visual.
This will be particularly helpful for those tourists who are unable to see the sound and light show in the evening in which information about the instruments are elaborated in detail, the Minister said.
She, however, suggested that the audio-visual be further reduced by 2 minutes; the clarity of the `voice-over` of the anchor be improved and some appropriate visuals to be added.
The Jaipur observatory- which is the biggest one among the five of Delhi, Ujjain, Agra, Jaipur and Varanasi - was completed in 1734 AD.
It contains instruments with a greater degree of precision and used for astronomical calculation.
"Rashivalaya yantra" (Zodiac Circle or Ecliptic Instruments) is found no where else except at Jantar Mantar, sources said.
The celebrated astronomical observatory was granted World Heritage status by the UNESCO in 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof