Interstate auto lifters gang busted, 3 held
New Delhi: Police on Sunday claimed to have busted an inter-state auto lifters` gang with the arrest of three persons in this connection.
Acting on a tip off, the Crime Branch police arrested Mohd Illyas from East Delhi area. While two other gang members Rajbeer Singh and Nadeem were arrested from two different locations.
11 luxury cars were recovered from their possession and eight FIRs pertaining to car stealing have been solved.
According to Additional Commissioner Ravindra Yadav, "on interrogating the trio it was revealed that Illyas along with Bittoo and Ajay stole vehicles of the same make, model and colour of which they have original documents ...Which were supplied to them by Nadeem."
While Rajbeer Singh, a junk dealer dismantled the (Total Loss) vehicles in his shop at Maya Puri and kept the Registration papers instead of depositing them to Transport Authority, which is mandatory.
"Imran tampered the engine and chassis number of stolen vehicles in Gurgaon to that of Total Loss vehicles and thereafter disposed them off as genuine vehicles," they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- No confirmation on meeting with Manohar Parrikar on OROP: Ex-servicemen
- Vyapam scam: Only courts can order CBI probe, says Rajnath Singh