Interstate auto lifters gang busted, 3 held
New Delhi: Police on Sunday claimed to have busted an inter-state auto lifters` gang with the arrest of three persons in this connection.
Acting on a tip off, the Crime Branch police arrested Mohd Illyas from East Delhi area. While two other gang members Rajbeer Singh and Nadeem were arrested from two different locations.
11 luxury cars were recovered from their possession and eight FIRs pertaining to car stealing have been solved.
According to Additional Commissioner Ravindra Yadav, "on interrogating the trio it was revealed that Illyas along with Bittoo and Ajay stole vehicles of the same make, model and colour of which they have original documents ...Which were supplied to them by Nadeem."
While Rajbeer Singh, a junk dealer dismantled the (Total Loss) vehicles in his shop at Maya Puri and kept the Registration papers instead of depositing them to Transport Authority, which is mandatory.
"Imran tampered the engine and chassis number of stolen vehicles in Gurgaon to that of Total Loss vehicles and thereafter disposed them off as genuine vehicles," they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble