Interstate auto lifters gang busted, 3 held
New Delhi: Police on Sunday claimed to have busted an inter-state auto lifters` gang with the arrest of three persons in this connection.
Acting on a tip off, the Crime Branch police arrested Mohd Illyas from East Delhi area. While two other gang members Rajbeer Singh and Nadeem were arrested from two different locations.
11 luxury cars were recovered from their possession and eight FIRs pertaining to car stealing have been solved.
According to Additional Commissioner Ravindra Yadav, "on interrogating the trio it was revealed that Illyas along with Bittoo and Ajay stole vehicles of the same make, model and colour of which they have original documents ...Which were supplied to them by Nadeem."
While Rajbeer Singh, a junk dealer dismantled the (Total Loss) vehicles in his shop at Maya Puri and kept the Registration papers instead of depositing them to Transport Authority, which is mandatory.
"Imran tampered the engine and chassis number of stolen vehicles in Gurgaon to that of Total Loss vehicles and thereafter disposed them off as genuine vehicles," they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town