Invitation to youth for Cong Chintan Shivir creates heartburn
New Delhi: With youth getting the lion`s share in invitations, the much-talked about Chintan Shivir of Congress being held in Jaipur this week has created heartburn in a section of the party.
Middle level leaders including former Union Ministers have been upset over their failure to get invitations despite being MPs and leaders for long.
These leaders are doubly upset that the peculiar way of granting large scale invitations to the office bearers of the youth congress and the NSUI have created a situation that their followers have got in but they have failed.
"What could be achieved by calling political greenhorns for such meets to decide on poll strategy?", a leader asked.
Another said a better option could have been having a separate meeting of the IYC and NSUI office bearers with the Congress President and Rahul Gandhi, who is in charge of these bodies.
The view of yet another leader was that it was hardly possible for doing a brainstorming session when the number of delegates run into hundreds.
With Rahul Gandhi virtually taking centre-stage in Congress politics, youth power is expected to come to the fore as never before during the party`s Chintan Shivir.
This is because for the first time around 160 members from Youth Congress and NSUI will be among the 350 participants during two-day conclave which has assumed importance in view of the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
There were not more than five youth leaders in the earlier two such brainstorming sessions of the party at Panchmarhi and Shimla held in 1998 and 2003, respectively.
Central leaders are projecting the conclave as an attempt to arrive at a "harmonious blend of youth and experience" to get the party`s act together as a precursor to formation of UPA-III.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony