Invitation to youth for Cong Chintan Shivir creates heartburn
New Delhi: With youth getting the lion`s share in invitations, the much-talked about Chintan Shivir of Congress being held in Jaipur this week has created heartburn in a section of the party.
Middle level leaders including former Union Ministers have been upset over their failure to get invitations despite being MPs and leaders for long.
These leaders are doubly upset that the peculiar way of granting large scale invitations to the office bearers of the youth congress and the NSUI have created a situation that their followers have got in but they have failed.
"What could be achieved by calling political greenhorns for such meets to decide on poll strategy?", a leader asked.
Another said a better option could have been having a separate meeting of the IYC and NSUI office bearers with the Congress President and Rahul Gandhi, who is in charge of these bodies.
The view of yet another leader was that it was hardly possible for doing a brainstorming session when the number of delegates run into hundreds.
With Rahul Gandhi virtually taking centre-stage in Congress politics, youth power is expected to come to the fore as never before during the party`s Chintan Shivir.
This is because for the first time around 160 members from Youth Congress and NSUI will be among the 350 participants during two-day conclave which has assumed importance in view of the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
There were not more than five youth leaders in the earlier two such brainstorming sessions of the party at Panchmarhi and Shimla held in 1998 and 2003, respectively.
Central leaders are projecting the conclave as an attempt to arrive at a "harmonious blend of youth and experience" to get the party`s act together as a precursor to formation of UPA-III.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata