Iran rejects allegations in Delhi`s Israeli embassy car attack
Denying any role in bomb attack on an Israeli embassy car in Delhi last year, Iran alleged that the charges of its involvement in the incident were made by those who have "their own criminal records".
New Delhi: Denying any role in bomb attack on an Israeli embassy car here last year, Iran on Friday alleged that the charges of its involvement in the incident were made by those who have "their own criminal records".
"As you are aware, some people have made some allegations against some people. These allegations have been made by those who are known to the whole world for their own criminal records," Saeed Jalili, Secretary of the Supreme National Security Council of Iran, told reporters here.
He was replying to a question on the attack on a Israeli diplomat`s vehicle in February last year, which was alleged to have been carried out by Iranians.
"The Zionist regime, as you know is a regime based on state terrorism. It makes new allegations every time and these allegations are not accepted anywhere in the world," he said adding, "those who are themselves criminals cannot make such allegations".
Jalili said Iran has had "very good relations" with "our Indian friends in this regard".
"We have had very good cooperation so that all ambiguities are put out. We are satisfied with our behaviour".
India had sent Letters Rogatory to Iran, Malaysia, Thailand and Georgia in the case.
According to the investigators who have been closely coordinating with intelligence agencies of other countries, the terror attack was allegedly carried out by Tevhid-Selam- Quds, an organisation which is being handled from Iran.
Its operatives are trained and equipped with weapons, ammunition and explosives especially in handling of TNT and C4.
The members of this group have a history of carrying out terrorist attacks on Israel like those in Turkey which includes the murder of Israeli security officer Ehud Sadan in 1992.
Tal Yehoshua Koren, 42, wife of Israeli Defense Attache Colonel Yossi Refaelov, and an Indian driver of the embassy vehicle were among four persons injured in the blast on February 13 last year. Delhi Police have already filed a charge sheet in the case.