Irate candidates create ruckus, disrupt NET exam
New Delhi: Upset over last minute change of examination centre here, several candidates appearing for the National Eligibility Test (NET) on Sunday created ruckus and stopped other aspirants from appearing in the examination at the GGS Indraprastha University.
The incident took place after candidates reached Indraprastha University to appear for the NET exam. However, several of them were told that they cannot appear for the test at the University as their allotted centres were different.
As the centres allotted to some candidates were at least over an hour away from the Indraprastha University, they insisted that it would not be possible for them to appear on time at other centres. The authorities relented and allowed them to sit for examination instead of the allotted centres.
However, the infuriated students started creating ruckus and stopped ither candidates from giving examinations. The ruckus did not stop even after police arrived at the scene.
Angry over the mismanagement of allotted centres, candidates and their parents are now concerned about the fate of the candidates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet