IRGC plotted attack on Israeli envoy with Kazmi: Chargesheet
New Delhi: The Delhi police probe into the February 13 terror bombing on Israeli envoy Tal Yehoshua`s car here has revealed that journalist Syed Mohammad Kazmi had plotted it in collusion with members of Iranian Revolutionary Guards Corps, including one Syed Ali Mahdiansadr.
The charge sheet of the Special Cell of Delhi Police, filed on Tuesday in the court of Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav, said that Kazmi, during his interrogation, had revealed that about a decade back, while he was in Iran, he came in contact with one Syed Ali Mahdiansadr and other members of Iranian Revolutionary Guards Corps.
"And since then, off and on, he has worked in close cooperation with them," reads a copy of the Letter Rogatory, given to the Delhi police by court to facilitate its probe into the terror bombing case, spread across various countries.
The contents of the Letter Rogatory has also been included in the police charge sheet, said a police official, involved in the probe.
He added that the police is still probing the case and is likely to file another charge sheet in the case before soon.
As per the Letter Rogatory, Kazmi has confessed to the police that he had gone to Iran in January 2011 on the call of Mahdiansadr and had meeting with him and one Mohammadreza Abolghashemi and they discussed the alleged attack on Iranian scientists by Israelis.
It was in those meeting that targeting of Israeli envoys in India and elsewhere were discussed, said the Letter Rogatory, the contents of which were also reproduced in the chargesheet.
For facilitating Iranians attack on Israeli diplomat, Kazmi was also paid USD 5,500 in two instalments by Mahdiansadr.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog