IRGC plotted attack on Israeli envoy with Kazmi: Chargesheet
New Delhi: The Delhi police probe into the February 13 terror bombing on Israeli envoy Tal Yehoshua`s car here has revealed that journalist Syed Mohammad Kazmi had plotted it in collusion with members of Iranian Revolutionary Guards Corps, including one Syed Ali Mahdiansadr.
The charge sheet of the Special Cell of Delhi Police, filed on Tuesday in the court of Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav, said that Kazmi, during his interrogation, had revealed that about a decade back, while he was in Iran, he came in contact with one Syed Ali Mahdiansadr and other members of Iranian Revolutionary Guards Corps.
"And since then, off and on, he has worked in close cooperation with them," reads a copy of the Letter Rogatory, given to the Delhi police by court to facilitate its probe into the terror bombing case, spread across various countries.
The contents of the Letter Rogatory has also been included in the police charge sheet, said a police official, involved in the probe.
He added that the police is still probing the case and is likely to file another charge sheet in the case before soon.
As per the Letter Rogatory, Kazmi has confessed to the police that he had gone to Iran in January 2011 on the call of Mahdiansadr and had meeting with him and one Mohammadreza Abolghashemi and they discussed the alleged attack on Iranian scientists by Israelis.
It was in those meeting that targeting of Israeli envoys in India and elsewhere were discussed, said the Letter Rogatory, the contents of which were also reproduced in the chargesheet.
For facilitating Iranians attack on Israeli diplomat, Kazmi was also paid USD 5,500 in two instalments by Mahdiansadr.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!