Irked over MLA not taking calls, man `fires` with toy pistol
New Delhi: Irked at an MLA for not taking his phone calls, a drunken man on Tuesday "fired" with a toy pistol outside the Delhi legislator`s office here triggering panic in the area.
Ravinder Yadav, who was allegedly under the influence of alcohol, was upset at Congress MLA from Trinagar constituency, Anil Bharadwaj for not picking up his calls and he used a toy pistol to "open fire" in front of his office in Chanderlok area, Delhi Police spokesperson Rajan Bhagat said.
Yadav has been arrested and a case registered against him, he said.
The cartridge used in the toy pistol was recovered outside the Bharadwaj`s office, Bhagat said.
"The MLA was not in the office when the incident took place," he said, adding it had come to light during investigations that the accused used a toy pistol with which no one can be injured.
The incident created a furore in the Delhi Assembly with Dikshit`s Parliamentary Secretary Mukesh Sharma raising the matter.
All the Congress MLAs were on their feet soon after the issue was raised and amid pandemonium, the House was adjourned.
In the House, Dikshit said the security is a "major issue".
She also said the Police Commissioner should come to the House and explain the situation in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'