Iron rod thrust into girl’s mouth for resisting rape
New Delhi: A teenaged Class 9 student fought off a rape bid in her own house here by an electricity contractor who thrust an iron rod into her throat to quell her cries for help.
The matter was reported on Tuesday and the police have arrested the accused.
The victim, 19, who was attacked around 8.30 pm Monday in south Delhi`s Lajpat Nagar, underwent a surgery in throat next morning and is said to be in a critical condition.
Anil Kumar, an electricity distribution contractor, tried to rape the victim finding her alone at her house.
"Kumar went to the victim`s home to collect monthly dues of the electricity. Finding her alone, he tried to rape her. He inserted an iron rod into her mouth when she was crying for help," said a police officer.
Hearing the victim`s cries some neighbours came to help her but Kumar managed to flee from the spot. He was later arrested from the house of his maternal uncle in Faridabad in Haryana, police said.
"The victim sustained severe injuries in her mouth and bruises on the neck due to the attempted strangulation," officer added.
Earlier, police had said that victim was a 24-year-old woman but clarified after some time that the victim was a teenager.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler