Israeli diplomat attack case: Court grants more time for probe
New Delhi: The police was given on Saturday by a Delhi court three months more to complete its ongoing probe into the case of terror bombing of an Israeli diplomat`s car, on the ground of the "probe going international".
"This is for the first time that name of any country has appeared in any of your (police) application," Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav remarked while allowing the police plea for more time to probe the case.
"The application names Iran nationals," said court sources later.
The disclosure about the "probe going international" was made by the police in its plea for more time to probe into the February 13 terror attack case in which journalist Syed Mohammed Ahmad Kazmi has been arrested for his alleged role in helping four Irani nationals in executing the attack.
The four Iranian nationals are Houshang Afshar Irani, Syed Ali Mahdiansadr, Mohammadreza Abolghasemi and Masoud Sedaghatzadeh. The court had earlier issued open warrant against them.
The in-camera proceeding was conducted on the application filed under the provisions of Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA) after Public Prosecutor Rajiv Mohan submitted that there are names of witnesses, country and other crucial information which should not be made public.
Mohan also told the court that the police is still conducting the probe and "as on this date, it cannot be said if any charge sheet will be filed against Kazmi as the matter is stil being investigated."
The court also asked the police to file a reply on journalist Kazmi`s plea fora detailed enquiry into the remand papers allegedly going missing from the court`s record.
Kazmi`s counsel Mehmood Pracha has also sought an enquiry into the authenticity of the remand applications and that legal action be initiated against those responsible for "illegally removing or manipulating the record as a result of which Kazmi has been kept in illegal custody."
On May 25, during the hearing of Kazmi`s petition for copies of remand applications of the police for extension of his custody by a sessions court, it was revealed that the same were not in the court record and were produced before the court on the insistence of the judge.
Pracha has been insisting that the remand papers were not available with the court and were supplied by the police while the petition for the same was being heard, to save its skin.
Meanwhile, the judicial custody of Kazmi, who was produced in the court for the first time since March 24, was extended till June 22.
He has been slapped with offences under the Indian Penal Code, UAPA and the Explosives Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'