Israeli diplomat attack: Kazmi seeks bail
New Delhi: Journalist Syed Mohammed Ahmad Kazmi, arrested for his alleged role in the February 13 bomb attack at Israeli diplomat Tal Yehoshua`s car, resulting in
critical injuries to her, on Friday moved a Delhi court for bail.
Kazmi`s bail plea, filed in the court of Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav, is to come up for hearing
Court sources said Kazmi has sought bail on the ground
that the police had told the court earlier, at the time he was
sent to the judicial custody, that the probe vis-a-vis him has
He has said due to completion of the probe against him, he
had been sent to judicial custody on March 24 mid-way his
tenure for the police custody till March 27.
Kazmi had earlier alleged that police was harassing him
in custody to pressurise him to "confess a crime he never
committed" and that "foreign agencies like Mossad were also
The court had then asked the Special Cell not to permit
other investigating agencies to interrogate him but had
imposed no bar from sharing information with other agencies.
Kazmi, who claims to have been writing for an Iranian
publication, was picked up by the Special Cell of Delhi Police
after the probe showed he had been in touch with a suspect who
is believed to have stuck the magnetic bomb on Israeli
diplomat Tal Yehoshua`s car on February 13.
Yehoshua and an Indian driver of the Embassy vehicle were
among the four people injured in the blast.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata