Israeli diplomat attack: Kazmi seeks bail
New Delhi: Journalist Syed Mohammed Ahmad Kazmi, arrested for his alleged role in the February 13 bomb attack at Israeli diplomat Tal Yehoshua`s car, resulting in
critical injuries to her, on Friday moved a Delhi court for bail.
Kazmi`s bail plea, filed in the court of Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav, is to come up for hearing
Court sources said Kazmi has sought bail on the ground
that the police had told the court earlier, at the time he was
sent to the judicial custody, that the probe vis-a-vis him has
He has said due to completion of the probe against him, he
had been sent to judicial custody on March 24 mid-way his
tenure for the police custody till March 27.
Kazmi had earlier alleged that police was harassing him
in custody to pressurise him to "confess a crime he never
committed" and that "foreign agencies like Mossad were also
The court had then asked the Special Cell not to permit
other investigating agencies to interrogate him but had
imposed no bar from sharing information with other agencies.
Kazmi, who claims to have been writing for an Iranian
publication, was picked up by the Special Cell of Delhi Police
after the probe showed he had been in touch with a suspect who
is believed to have stuck the magnetic bomb on Israeli
diplomat Tal Yehoshua`s car on February 13.
Yehoshua and an Indian driver of the Embassy vehicle were
among the four people injured in the blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption