Israeli diplomat attack: Police file supplementary chargesheet
New Delhi: The Delhi Police on Friday filed before a court here a supplementary chargesheet in the February 13, 2012 Israeli Diplomat attack case giving details of vehicles used in the blast and details of over 4,000 mobilephone calls.
The supplementary chargesheet, filed in the court of Additional Sessions Judge Asha Menon, contains verification report from the Transport authorities of the vehicles used by Houshang Afshar Irani to recce the Israeli Embassy and to plant the bomb on the diplomat`s vehicle.
Irani is one of the four suspects named in the main chargesheet filed on August 31, 2012 in connection with the incident. The other three suspects are Masod Sedaghatzadeh, Syed Ali Mehdi Sadr and Mohammed Reza Abolghasemi, all Iranian nationals.
Journalist Syed Mohammad Kazmi is the only named accused in the case who is said to have conspired with the suspects to execute the attack.
The supplementary chargesheet also contains a sanction to prosecute Kazmi under the Explosive Substances Act.
The police told the court that the replies to the Letters Rogatory, executed to Georgia, Malaysia, Thailand, Iran and Israel, are still awaited and will be submitted before the court through another supplementary chargesheet.
"During investigation, one Dharmender Sharma produced a motorcycle used by Houshang Afshar Irani, along with its documents stating that he has purchased the vehicle from one Rajender Yadav.
"Therefore, ownership of the motorcycle was verified from Transport Authority of Janakpuri which was found in the name of Rajender Yadav," the police said in the supplementary chargesheet.
The police also annexed ownership record of a motorcycle seized by it after the attack on the woman diplomat Tal Yehoshua, wife of the Israeli defence attache.
The police had said in the main chargesheet that Irani had stayed at a Paharganj hotel and on February 13, left the hotel on the bike carrying a rucksack and two helmets, and returned without the rucksack or the helmets.
During the probe, it was found that a motorcycle rider had attached a magnetic explosive device to the diplomat`s car and sped away. Within seconds, the device exploded, setting the car on fire near the Prime Minister`s house in central Delhi.
The supplementary chargesheet also contains the ownership details, received from the Ministry of External Affairs, of the Innova car in which the blast happened. The car is registered in the name of Alon Yehoshua, the husband of the injured diplomat.
Kazmi, at present out on bail, has been charged under various provisions of Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA), Explosive Substances Act and other sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) including the attempt to murder.
A court here had earlier issued open warrants against the four suspects.
According to the chargesheet, Houshang Afshar Irani went to Bangkok and then to Kuala Lumpur, while Masod Sedaghatzadeh has been detained in Malaysia since March 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Air ambulance with seven people crash lands in Delhi's Najafgarh
- Nehru, Gandhi family responsible for rising rapes in India, says Rajasthan BJP MLA Gyandev Ahuja
- Shocking video: Old woman mercilessly beaten up by her daughter in Delhi
- Chris Gayle: Melbourne Renegades refuse to renew his contract for BBL 6
- Tips to pick up the right pair of shoes for the right occasion