Israeli diplomat attack: supplementary chargesheet filed
New Delhi: The Delhi Police on Tuesday filed a supplementary charge sheet in the Israeli diplomat attack case in which Indian journalist Syed Mohammad Kazmi is accused of conspiring with foreign elements and others for the terror strike.
The second charge sheet, filed in the court of Additional Sessions Judge A K Garg, elaborated the earlier charges that the conspiracy was hatched outside India and it has been substantiated by the reports procured by the probe agency from Israel and the Indian Embassy in Iran.
Kazmi is the sole person accused in the first charge sheet in the February 13 attack in which an Israeli woman diplomat and her Indian driver were injured.
He has been charged under various provisions of the anti-terror law, Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA) and other sections of Indian Penal Code (IPC) including attempt to murder.
He has also been charge-sheeted under the provisions of Explosive Substances Act.
The diplomat, Tal Yehoshua, and the driver of the Embassy vehicle, were among four people injured in the blast. Kazmi was arrested on March 6.
The charge sheet also names Iranian nationals Houshang Afshar Irani, Masod Sedaghatzadeh, Syed Ali Mehdi Sadr and Mohammed Reza Abolghasemi as suspects in the case.
According to the charge sheet, Houshang Afshar Irani went to Bangkok and then to Kuala Lumpur, while Masod Sedaghatzadeh has been detained in Malaysia since March 14.
According to the police, Afshar had visited India on April 25, 2011 and left the country on May 6, 2011. He had come back to India again on January 29, 2012 but left for Malaysia on February 13 evening, within hours after the attack on the Israeli diplomat here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city