Israeli diplomat attack: supplementary chargesheet filed
New Delhi: The Delhi Police on Tuesday filed a supplementary charge sheet in the Israeli diplomat attack case in which Indian journalist Syed Mohammad Kazmi is accused of conspiring with foreign elements and others for the terror strike.
The second charge sheet, filed in the court of Additional Sessions Judge A K Garg, elaborated the earlier charges that the conspiracy was hatched outside India and it has been substantiated by the reports procured by the probe agency from Israel and the Indian Embassy in Iran.
Kazmi is the sole person accused in the first charge sheet in the February 13 attack in which an Israeli woman diplomat and her Indian driver were injured.
He has been charged under various provisions of the anti-terror law, Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA) and other sections of Indian Penal Code (IPC) including attempt to murder.
He has also been charge-sheeted under the provisions of Explosive Substances Act.
The diplomat, Tal Yehoshua, and the driver of the Embassy vehicle, were among four people injured in the blast. Kazmi was arrested on March 6.
The charge sheet also names Iranian nationals Houshang Afshar Irani, Masod Sedaghatzadeh, Syed Ali Mehdi Sadr and Mohammed Reza Abolghasemi as suspects in the case.
According to the charge sheet, Houshang Afshar Irani went to Bangkok and then to Kuala Lumpur, while Masod Sedaghatzadeh has been detained in Malaysia since March 14.
According to the police, Afshar had visited India on April 25, 2011 and left the country on May 6, 2011. He had come back to India again on January 29, 2012 but left for Malaysia on February 13 evening, within hours after the attack on the Israeli diplomat here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH