Israeli envoys use cars with local number plates
New Delhi: Days after the terror attack on a
Israeli diplomat here, the envoys and visiting dignitaries of
that country have started travelling in cars with local number
plates instead of diplomatic vehicles.
Israeli Ambassador Alon Usphiz, who had met External
Affairs Minister SM Krishna here on February 15 after the
broad-day-light terror attack on a woman diplomat of that
country on Monday last week, injuring four including the lady,
was the first to be seen travelling in such a vehicle.
The second instance of using cars with local numbers was
seen today when Israel`s Water and Energy Minister Uzi Landau
called on his counterpart Petroleum & Natural Gas Minister S
Jaipal Reddy here on Tuesday.
Official sources said though so far no decision has been
taken in allowing Israeli diplomats in India to use local
number plates in their cars instead of the CD numbers, a
request has been received by the government in this regard.
Security concerns prompted the Israeli Embassy putting up
the request, the sources said.
Indian High Commission officials posted in Pakistan use
local number plates instead of the cars with diplomatic
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?