Israeli envoys use cars with local number plates
New Delhi: Days after the terror attack on a
Israeli diplomat here, the envoys and visiting dignitaries of
that country have started travelling in cars with local number
plates instead of diplomatic vehicles.
Israeli Ambassador Alon Usphiz, who had met External
Affairs Minister SM Krishna here on February 15 after the
broad-day-light terror attack on a woman diplomat of that
country on Monday last week, injuring four including the lady,
was the first to be seen travelling in such a vehicle.
The second instance of using cars with local numbers was
seen today when Israel`s Water and Energy Minister Uzi Landau
called on his counterpart Petroleum & Natural Gas Minister S
Jaipal Reddy here on Tuesday.
Official sources said though so far no decision has been
taken in allowing Israeli diplomats in India to use local
number plates in their cars instead of the CD numbers, a
request has been received by the government in this regard.
Security concerns prompted the Israeli Embassy putting up
the request, the sources said.
Indian High Commission officials posted in Pakistan use
local number plates instead of the cars with diplomatic
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory