IT Dept announces mascot contest; Rs 1L cash prize
New Delhi: The Income Tax department has announced a mascot contest for the public that would carry a cash reward of Rs one lakh for the winning entry.
The taxman wants the mascot, which will be used in all communications and publicity purposes of the department, to be "captivating" and "inspiring", particularly to the young and future taxpayers.
"Make sure that the Mascot you develop captures the vision and values of the Income Tax department and exhibits a definite brand recall value. The Mascot should be captivating and inspiring, particularly to the young and future taxpayers," the I-T department said in its advertisement.
"The contest is open for Indian citizens only and the last date for submission of the art work is September 23. A selection committee will select the mascot," a senior I-T officer said.
Contest enthusiasts can check out the rules on the official I-T website -- www.Incometaxindia.Gov.In.
The department has also formulated some basic vision and values which the mascot should promote like "payment of tax as a value norm in the society and a core duty of every citizen, payment of tax as a contribution of citizen in nation building and ensuring a better future for coming generations, depiction of the department as an enforcement agency as well as a facilitator for voluntary tax compliance and depiction of the department as a friend to every honest taxpayer."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Mahatma Gandhi: Know six things you didn't know about him
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan