IT Dept announces mascot contest; Rs 1L cash prize
New Delhi: The Income Tax department has announced a mascot contest for the public that would carry a cash reward of Rs one lakh for the winning entry.
The taxman wants the mascot, which will be used in all communications and publicity purposes of the department, to be "captivating" and "inspiring", particularly to the young and future taxpayers.
"Make sure that the Mascot you develop captures the vision and values of the Income Tax department and exhibits a definite brand recall value. The Mascot should be captivating and inspiring, particularly to the young and future taxpayers," the I-T department said in its advertisement.
"The contest is open for Indian citizens only and the last date for submission of the art work is September 23. A selection committee will select the mascot," a senior I-T officer said.
Contest enthusiasts can check out the rules on the official I-T website -- www.Incometaxindia.Gov.In.
The department has also formulated some basic vision and values which the mascot should promote like "payment of tax as a value norm in the society and a core duty of every citizen, payment of tax as a contribution of citizen in nation building and ensuring a better future for coming generations, depiction of the department as an enforcement agency as well as a facilitator for voluntary tax compliance and depiction of the department as a friend to every honest taxpayer."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest