IT dept to ensure timely refunds: CBDT chief
New Delhi: The Income Tax department will aim to issue faster and accurate refunds this financial year and introduce new taxpayer friendly services.
In her maiden interaction with the top IT brass, newly-appointed CBDT Chairperson Poonam Kishore Saxena has asked officials to ensure timely refunds and hassle-free services for taxpayers which are the major areas of grievance for a common man.
Saxena, who took over the charge of the top post of the IT department-- Chairperson of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT)-- on August 21 has also asked the department to effectively ensure the collection of the direct taxes target pegged at Rs 5.70 lakh crore.
A senior I-T official said she recently reviewed the progress of all I-T regions of the country and stressed that taxpayer services like filing of I-T returns and timely generation of refunds should be thrust of the department.
In a rare instance, Saxena, a 1975-batch IRS officer, has also created a dedicated email account for department officials to get in touch with her while she has announced that any IT official can get in touch with her on her official telephone number between 10-11 am on office days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Shravan 2016: Today is the first Somwar - Know what you need to do
- Eight dead, 20 missing in Malaysia boat accident
- Sandeep Yadav – Narsingh Yadav's roommate, also fails doping test
- KSRTC, BMTC strike begins today; two-day holiday for schools declared
- Dinosaur species may shed new light on megaraptorids