IT dept to ensure timely refunds: CBDT chief
New Delhi: The Income Tax department will aim to issue faster and accurate refunds this financial year and introduce new taxpayer friendly services.
In her maiden interaction with the top IT brass, newly-appointed CBDT Chairperson Poonam Kishore Saxena has asked officials to ensure timely refunds and hassle-free services for taxpayers which are the major areas of grievance for a common man.
Saxena, who took over the charge of the top post of the IT department-- Chairperson of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT)-- on August 21 has also asked the department to effectively ensure the collection of the direct taxes target pegged at Rs 5.70 lakh crore.
A senior I-T official said she recently reviewed the progress of all I-T regions of the country and stressed that taxpayer services like filing of I-T returns and timely generation of refunds should be thrust of the department.
In a rare instance, Saxena, a 1975-batch IRS officer, has also created a dedicated email account for department officials to get in touch with her while she has announced that any IT official can get in touch with her on her official telephone number between 10-11 am on office days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- UN General Assembly President-elect calls on PM Narendra Modi
- Vijay Mallya deliberately concealing his assets, banks to SC
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Kriti Sanon went for a Thailand vacation? Here's the truth!
- Bulandshahr rape: SC pulls up UP Govt, Azam Khan over controversial remark - Details inside
- Scorpene data leak 'a matter of serious concern', asked DCNS for urgent probe: Navy Chief Sunil Lanba