IT dept to ensure timely refunds: CBDT chief
New Delhi: The Income Tax department will aim to issue faster and accurate refunds this financial year and introduce new taxpayer friendly services.
In her maiden interaction with the top IT brass, newly-appointed CBDT Chairperson Poonam Kishore Saxena has asked officials to ensure timely refunds and hassle-free services for taxpayers which are the major areas of grievance for a common man.
Saxena, who took over the charge of the top post of the IT department-- Chairperson of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT)-- on August 21 has also asked the department to effectively ensure the collection of the direct taxes target pegged at Rs 5.70 lakh crore.
A senior I-T official said she recently reviewed the progress of all I-T regions of the country and stressed that taxpayer services like filing of I-T returns and timely generation of refunds should be thrust of the department.
In a rare instance, Saxena, a 1975-batch IRS officer, has also created a dedicated email account for department officials to get in touch with her while she has announced that any IT official can get in touch with her on her official telephone number between 10-11 am on office days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?