Jagannath Mishra`s provisional bail extended
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court on Friday extended duration of the provisional bail granted to fodder scam convict and ex-Bihar chief minister Jagannath Mishra till March 26.
The bench of Justice R R Prasad allowed the extension plea petitioned by Mishra on medical ground.
Mishra, who was granted provisional bail on October 25 last year till January 8 on medical ground, is now under treatment at a hospital in Delhi.
Along with another ex-Bihar chief minister Lalu Prasad Yadav and 43 others, Mishra was convicted in the RC20 A/96 case on September 30.
He was sentenced to four years in prison by a special CBI court on October 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam