Jagan`s mother complains to CVC about CBI`s "ulterior motive"
New Delhi: Congress rebel Jaganmohan Reddy`s mother Vijayamma today met leaders of political parties seeking their support in her campaign against the alleged harassment of her jailed son and complained to Chief Vigilance Commissioner about the "ulterior motive" of CBI in the case.
Vijayamma, the honorary president of YSR Congress, met Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar, CPI(M) General Secretary Prakash Karat and Trinamool Congress leader Sultan Ahmed here and briefed them about the case involving Jagan and his subsequent arrest.
The party leader thanked the national leaders for their "support during difficult times" and sought their intervention in ending the "harrasment" of her son and Kadapa MP Jaganmohan Reddy.
Vijayamma, MLA from Pulivendula seat which was held by her husband Y S Rajasekhara Reddy several times, alleged that there was a "greater conspiracy" to harass Jagan and that CBI was acting with "ulterior motive" in this case.
During her meeting with CVC Pradeep Kumar, she demanded a probe by a Supreme Court Judge into the alleged harassment of her jailed son by the CBI.
In the memorandum, the YSR Congress alleged that Jagan was arrested on May 27 only to prevent him from campaigning in the by-elections, which his party swept.
The YSRC won 15 out of the 18 constituencies and one Lok Sabha seat.
"We request you to order a probe by sitting judge of the Supreme Court and also CVC into the manner in which the CBI and its official are acting with ulterior motives against Jaganmohan Reddy and the vengeance with which it is being done," Vijayamma said in the memorandum.
An identical memorandum was submitted to the Prime Minister yesterday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India