Jagan`s mother complains to CVC about CBI`s "ulterior motive"
New Delhi: Congress rebel Jaganmohan Reddy`s mother Vijayamma today met leaders of political parties seeking their support in her campaign against the alleged harassment of her jailed son and complained to Chief Vigilance Commissioner about the "ulterior motive" of CBI in the case.
Vijayamma, the honorary president of YSR Congress, met Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar, CPI(M) General Secretary Prakash Karat and Trinamool Congress leader Sultan Ahmed here and briefed them about the case involving Jagan and his subsequent arrest.
The party leader thanked the national leaders for their "support during difficult times" and sought their intervention in ending the "harrasment" of her son and Kadapa MP Jaganmohan Reddy.
Vijayamma, MLA from Pulivendula seat which was held by her husband Y S Rajasekhara Reddy several times, alleged that there was a "greater conspiracy" to harass Jagan and that CBI was acting with "ulterior motive" in this case.
During her meeting with CVC Pradeep Kumar, she demanded a probe by a Supreme Court Judge into the alleged harassment of her jailed son by the CBI.
In the memorandum, the YSR Congress alleged that Jagan was arrested on May 27 only to prevent him from campaigning in the by-elections, which his party swept.
The YSRC won 15 out of the 18 constituencies and one Lok Sabha seat.
"We request you to order a probe by sitting judge of the Supreme Court and also CVC into the manner in which the CBI and its official are acting with ulterior motives against Jaganmohan Reddy and the vengeance with which it is being done," Vijayamma said in the memorandum.
An identical memorandum was submitted to the Prime Minister yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him