Jagan`s mother moves Pranab, alleges son `framed` by Cong
New Delhi: YSR Congress honorary president YS Vijaya on Monday sought President Pranab Mukherjee`s intervention in the disproportionate case against her son YS Jaganmohan Reddy alleging that he has been "framed" by the Congress.
In a memorandum to Mukherjee, Vijaya alleged that there was a "systematic vilification campaign" by the CBI against her son after he launched a new party.
The memorandum also levelled allegations against a CBI officer in-charge of investigation into the case.
Jagan was arrested on May 27 by CBI in the case and is in jail ever since.
"I enclose a detailed note on the case against Mr YS Jaganmohan Reddy and request your kind intervention in the matter," Vijaya said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India