Jagan`s mother moves Pranab, alleges son `framed` by Cong
New Delhi: YSR Congress honorary president YS Vijaya on Monday sought President Pranab Mukherjee`s intervention in the disproportionate case against her son YS Jaganmohan Reddy alleging that he has been "framed" by the Congress.
In a memorandum to Mukherjee, Vijaya alleged that there was a "systematic vilification campaign" by the CBI against her son after he launched a new party.
The memorandum also levelled allegations against a CBI officer in-charge of investigation into the case.
Jagan was arrested on May 27 by CBI in the case and is in jail ever since.
"I enclose a detailed note on the case against Mr YS Jaganmohan Reddy and request your kind intervention in the matter," Vijaya said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown