Jagan`s mother moves Pranab, alleges son `framed` by Cong
New Delhi: YSR Congress honorary president YS Vijaya on Monday sought President Pranab Mukherjee`s intervention in the disproportionate case against her son YS Jaganmohan Reddy alleging that he has been "framed" by the Congress.
In a memorandum to Mukherjee, Vijaya alleged that there was a "systematic vilification campaign" by the CBI against her son after he launched a new party.
The memorandum also levelled allegations against a CBI officer in-charge of investigation into the case.
Jagan was arrested on May 27 by CBI in the case and is in jail ever since.
"I enclose a detailed note on the case against Mr YS Jaganmohan Reddy and request your kind intervention in the matter," Vijaya said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal