Jaitley CDR case: DCP to reply on detention of accused`s wife
New Delhi: A court on Wednesday sought response from the Delhi police on the alleged "illegal detention" of the wife of one of the accused arrested for illegally retrieving call detail records of BJP leader Arun Jaitley.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Sanjay Bansal passed the order on allegations made by arrested private detective Neeraj that the Special Cell of Delhi Police is illegally detaining his wife who is also carrying a four month old baby.
"Let comments be called from DCP concerned on this aspect," the court said.
Neeraj`s counsel had alleged that "the probe agency had called his wife to its office at 1 am in the night and today also, she has been detained since 9 am and her mobile phone is also not responding."
However, the Investigating Officer denied the allegations.
The allegations were made by Neeraj when he and co-accused constable Arvind Dabas were produced before the court after expiry of a day`s police custody in a fresh FIR.
The Delhi Police had registered a fresh FIR against Neeraj and Dabas saying they had used certain SIM cards in the crime. The agency had interrogated the duo in Tihar jail for a day and then got their police remand for a day on March 12.
The police had sought five-day further custody.
Naushad Ahmad Khan, the counsel of Dabas, opposed police`s demand for their further custody saying the fresh FIR is an offshoot of the earlier FIR and is only a ploy by the police or their further police custody.
The court denied any further police custody saying no ground is made out for the same and remanded them in judicial custody till March 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs