Jaitley CDR case: DCP to reply on detention of accused`s wife
New Delhi: A court on Wednesday sought response from the Delhi police on the alleged "illegal detention" of the wife of one of the accused arrested for illegally retrieving call detail records of BJP leader Arun Jaitley.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Sanjay Bansal passed the order on allegations made by arrested private detective Neeraj that the Special Cell of Delhi Police is illegally detaining his wife who is also carrying a four month old baby.
"Let comments be called from DCP concerned on this aspect," the court said.
Neeraj`s counsel had alleged that "the probe agency had called his wife to its office at 1 am in the night and today also, she has been detained since 9 am and her mobile phone is also not responding."
However, the Investigating Officer denied the allegations.
The allegations were made by Neeraj when he and co-accused constable Arvind Dabas were produced before the court after expiry of a day`s police custody in a fresh FIR.
The Delhi Police had registered a fresh FIR against Neeraj and Dabas saying they had used certain SIM cards in the crime. The agency had interrogated the duo in Tihar jail for a day and then got their police remand for a day on March 12.
The police had sought five-day further custody.
Naushad Ahmad Khan, the counsel of Dabas, opposed police`s demand for their further custody saying the fresh FIR is an offshoot of the earlier FIR and is only a ploy by the police or their further police custody.
The court denied any further police custody saying no ground is made out for the same and remanded them in judicial custody till March 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test