Jama Masjid blast: Court issues NBWs against 3 IM operatives
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Saturday issued arrest warrants against three suspected "active Indian Mujahideen operatives", allegedly involved in the September 19, 2010 Jama Masjid blast case.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav issued non-bailable warrants (NBWs) against absconding accused Iqbal Bhatkal, Riaz Bhatkal and Amir Reza Khan, who have been described by police in its chargesheet as IM founding members, currenly holed up in Karachi, Pakistan.
"Issue NBWs against the accused persons returnable on July 3," the court said.
The Special Cell of Delhi Police had sought the issuance of NBWs against the trio from the court.
In its charge sheet filed on May 22 against 11 alleged IM operatives arrested for their role in various terror strikes across the country, the police had named the trio as accused in the case.
The charge sheet said all the 11 arrested IM men had been operating under instruction from Ahmed Siddhibappa, the chief of IM in India, Iqbal Bhatkal, Riaz Bhatkal and Amir Reza Khan, who are the founder members of IM and are based in Karachi, Pakistan.
The chargesheet also said one IM operative Gauhar Aziz Khomani apprehended on November 23, 2011 had disclosed that after the 2008 Batla House encounter, his friend Tarique introduced him IM active operatives Iqbal Bhatkal, Mohsin and Riyaz Bhatkal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe