Jama Masjid blast: Court issues NBWs against 3 IM operatives
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Saturday issued arrest warrants against three suspected "active Indian Mujahideen operatives", allegedly involved in the September 19, 2010 Jama Masjid blast case.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav issued non-bailable warrants (NBWs) against absconding accused Iqbal Bhatkal, Riaz Bhatkal and Amir Reza Khan, who have been described by police in its chargesheet as IM founding members, currenly holed up in Karachi, Pakistan.
"Issue NBWs against the accused persons returnable on July 3," the court said.
The Special Cell of Delhi Police had sought the issuance of NBWs against the trio from the court.
In its charge sheet filed on May 22 against 11 alleged IM operatives arrested for their role in various terror strikes across the country, the police had named the trio as accused in the case.
The charge sheet said all the 11 arrested IM men had been operating under instruction from Ahmed Siddhibappa, the chief of IM in India, Iqbal Bhatkal, Riaz Bhatkal and Amir Reza Khan, who are the founder members of IM and are based in Karachi, Pakistan.
The chargesheet also said one IM operative Gauhar Aziz Khomani apprehended on November 23, 2011 had disclosed that after the 2008 Batla House encounter, his friend Tarique introduced him IM active operatives Iqbal Bhatkal, Mohsin and Riyaz Bhatkal.
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- Bipasha Basu - Karan Singh Grover wedding: Check out interesting details about mehendi ceremony
- Currently no proposal to merge BSNL and MTNL: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Indian Premier League 2016, Match 23: Delhi Daredevils vs Gujarat Lions — As it happened...
- Mother of all apps? Narendra Modi government is coming up with new app UMANG - It houses 200 apps!
- BJP won't win a single seat if elections are held in Delhi: CM Arvind Kejriwal