Jamia Milia gets grant of Rs.54.2 crore
New Delhi: The University Grants Commission (UGC) has allocated a special grant of Rs.54.2 crore for Jamia Millia Islamia University, an official said here Thursday.
"The fund has been allocated for the purpose of upgradation of laboratories, construction of new buildings, extension of old buildings, expansion of hostels and dinning facilities, availability of high speed internet servers and 2G and 3G network services," said Simi Malhotra, media coordinator of the university.
She also said supporting services to feed existing infrastructure will also be upgraded such as construction of waste water treatment plant to recycle water, provision of safe drinking water system and solar day lighting system in the classrooms.
"The grant will also be used to make hard/soft copies of journals available to students/researchers in the university. The sum will also help upgrade the facilities and infrastructure of Jamia schools," Malhotra added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Easy money is spoiling cricketers: Glenn McGrath
- Mouth-watering! World's 'longest' Vada Pao made in Gurgaon
- Hollande voices `concern` to Putin over Ukraine tension: Presidency
- Merger with Samajwadi Party difficult, can forge alliance: Mukhtar Ansari
- Pakistan forces seal MQM party headquarters after TV station attack